Especially for Parents

Especially for Parents

To expedite enrollment, please make an appointment with the school and provide student’s birth certificate, proof of residence, and custody paperwork (if applicable).  It will also be helpful to provide previous school records, shot records, and any special education records.  Every effort will be made for the student to attend classes as soon as possible. Our NMS Enrollment forms can be accessed in the link to the right.

No student who is not a resident within the School District will be entitled to transfer into the NWCS School District except upon compliance with the following conditions:

The student, if age eighteen (18) or older, or the student’s parent or guardian, must request the School District to consider the transfer (in writing) prior to August 1st of the school year in which transfer is being sought.

NWCS determines that the School District will not be adversely impacted by such transfer with respect to:

     space available;
     restraints on existing program;
     availability of teaching and related personnel

The student, if age eighteen (18) or older, the parent, or the guardian, pays any applicable transfer tuition by the date it is due.
The student, if age eighteen (18) or older, the parent, or the guardian remains responsible for all of the student’s transportation to and from school.

The student, if age eighteen (18) or older, the parent, or guardian, executes a written "Transfer Agreement" setting forth the terms and conditions of this policy which must remain in effect in order to permit the student’s continued attendance in the NWCS School District.


The School District will review all transfers annually, and reserves the right to rescind a transfer if there is a change in any of the conditions set forth herein. In addition, Northern Wells Community Schools reserves the right to review the conditions set forth in the Transfer Agreement at any time, and if any material condition has been breached, rescind transfer immediately.The Superintendent shall make the determinations which are requisite to the acceptance and continuation of a transfer and such decision shall be final and not subject to appeal to the School Board of Trustees.
Call Norwell Middle School at 260-543-2218 or see Prospective Transfers for details about transfer paperwork.

We welcome support from parents.  Parents frequently serve on committees, tutor, and volunteer for academic activities and extracurricular events.  Parents are also invited to become instrumental partners in the elementary schools’ PTOs, the middle school’s Crusader Parents, and the high school’s PIT (Parents in Touch) Crew. All volunteers must complete a Volunteer Form and background check. The link to our Volunteer Form is also located in the link to the right.
All medications are to be brought to the school clinic by the parent/guardian or by the student IMMEDIATELY UPON ARRIVAL at school and must include parent/guardian signed authorization form including instructions for administration. The medication must have a current date and be brought in the original container. This policy includes prescription and non-prescription medications. Indiana State law prohibits students from transporting medication home from school on the bus. *Read the Student Handbook for further medication requirements.

Students requiring snacks, juice, bottled water, etc. for medical conditions, must supply their own from home.

View text-based website