Norwell High School Spectator Information
NHS Home Athletic Events
(Begins on August 15th)
We look forward to hosting athletic events and having athletes and fans from opposing schools on our campus. We are asking that everyone who will be attending these events please adhere to these guidelines to assist us in keeping our student-athletes and communities healthy and safe. With your help we look forward to having a great fall season.
1. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS IF YOU DO NOT FEEL WELL…. PLEASE DON’T ATTEND ANY GAMES! HONESTY IS IMPERATIVE AMONG OUR FANS DURING THIS TIME.
- If you have any of these symptoms please do not attend: fever greater than 100.4, have body chills or fatigue, a cough or difficulty breathing, sore throat or loss of taste or smell. Additionally, have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days or been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 recently.
2. Gates will open 30 minutes prior to the start of the event.
3. Face Coverings are required and social distancing is expected.
4. Family units may sit together but must keep 6 feet of social distancing between another family unit.
5. On a set of bleachers, it will be no more than 50% capacity for that section with a maximum of 250 people per venue.
6. Each level of competition is encouraged to leave the venue after completion of game (Ex. Junior Varsity families should leave event after Junior Varsity game.)
7. This Policy remains in effect through Aug. 29 and will be re-evaluated as Indiana either remains in Stage 4.5 or moves one direction or the other.
8. Event specific directions will be provided prior to your school coming to Norwell High School for events.
9. Away events will follow the guidelines of the host school.
10. If mask and social distancing protocols are successfully followed for the events above, our goal is to work toward attendance plans that would allow additional fans at future fall events. Failure to comply to the above guidelines or concerns resulting from COVID-19 may result at any given time in having no fans in attendance at NHS Home Events.
Timber Ridge Golf Course – 2330 E. 250 N., Bluffton, IN
Norwell High School – Southwest side of campus
- Only team personnel will be allowed between the two sets of courts.
- Spectators are asked to bring chairs and sit around the courts on the North, East and South sides.
- Gate by the football concession stand will be open as will the football restrooms.
Norwell High School – Southeast side of campus
- Only team and game personnel allowed on the East side of the field.
- Bleacher space will be limited and designated with signage as home and visiting sides.
- Spectators are encouraged to bring chairs to sit around the field and you are asked to be aware at all times of balls leaving the playing area.
- Fan limit of 250
Norwell High School Main & Aux. Gym – please park in the main high school lot
- All fans are asked to enter through door 46.
- Varsity/JV matches will be played in the main gym and Freshman/”C” matches will take place on court 1 in the aux. gym.
- Only team and game personnel allowed on the bench/scorer’s side of the gym.
- Bleacher areas will be marked and fans are asked to sit across from their respective team benches.
- In the main gym, both the bottom and top sets of bleachers on the West side will be pulled out and available for fan seating.
- Fan limit of 250
Norwell High School – South of the school
- Varsity games – Norwell fans will park in the main high school lot and asked to enter through the main gate area located on the Northwest side of the field. Visiting fans will be asked to enter through the Southeast entrance and park in the Soccer/Softball field area (Map Provided).
- We are currently limited to 250 fans on the home side and 200 fans on the visiting side. Visiting tickets will be pre-sale only at the respective school. Home tickets will be made available to families of participants. Students will be able to enter a weekly lottery to potentially receive a ticket for the game.
- At this time, we will not have tickets available for general admission to varsity football games.
- JV games – Fans from both schools will park in the main high school lot and enter through the main ticket gate area located on the Northwest side of the field. Fans are asked to sit on their respective sides.
Bus Drivers, statisticians, administrators, etc… will be allowed to sign in at the ticket area.